Home & Renters Insurance

If your own or rent your home, condo, apartment, or seasonal property, insurance is a must. Our experienced insurance brokers have been helping Albertans protect their valuables for over five decades. Our experience and expertise make all the difference; we can easily compare rates and policies to find the best fit for you.

Whether it is tailored coverage that goes above and beyond to protect your valuables, or a policy to cover your first home, our team will offer the personal service that separates DeJong's Insurance from our competitors.


Home/Renters Insurance FAQ

+ If my garage burns down, will my homeowners insurance cover my car?

No, your homeowners insurance does not cover a loss to your car. In order for your car to be covered, you must carry comprehensive physical damage coverage on your auto policy.

+ What insurance covers my jewellery for theft?

Theft coverage is included on most homeowners and tenant insurance policies. The coverage included for jewellery on the package policy can be very limited – for most companies, there may be a total limit of $6,000. If you want to cover a piece of jewellery for its true value, you can ‘schedule’ it separately on the policies by submitting an appraisal if it is high valued or a receipt for purchase to your insurance broker.

+ I've never made a claim on my house, why are my premiums increasing?

Due to the rising number of catastrophic weather related events such as hail storms, forest fires, flooding and heavy rainfall - home insurance premiums have been steadily increasing. These events have resulted in a rise in the number of overall insurance claims, and claim payouts. Combined with increased building costs and aging infrastructure, these factors all contribute to higher premiums. Contact your DeJong's professional to explore your options!